Welcome to this site to obtain Saint Luke’s Senior Adult Ministry information. I am excited that we have this space share all the great things that are available. I encourage the retired and semi retired adults and those of you who know someone who may be interested to check this site often for updated events. Both Saint Luke’s senior adult parishioners and friends in the community are welcome to attend any of the events that are of interest. Saint Luke’s Senior Adult Ministry strives to be an advocate of positive attitude towards aging, seeing this season of life as a part of the journey and a continuation of abundant life in Christ.
- These gatherings are planned for 11:00 am each month. The variety of programs offered provide fellowship and recreation, health and wellness education, as well as other educational topics, spiritual enrichment and outreach opportunities. Lunch is included at a minimal cost at these gatherings.
Senior Adult Men’s Fellowship Group
- Affectionately known as ROMEOs (Retired Older Men Eating Out). On the first Tuesday of each month, this group goes to Nikkis West for lunch. For those who want to ride the church van, meet in the church parking lot at 11:00 a.m. You may drive your own car if you prefer. All retired and semi-retired and anyone wishing to visit are welcome to join us.
Senior Exercise Program – SAIL
- (Staying Active and independent in Life) is an evidence based program designed for those 65 and above. SAIL focuses on strength, flexibility, and balance. Participants can choose to either sit in a chair or stand. Information to share with your health care provider to inquire if this program is appropriate for you is available by calling 802-6218. This class meets Tuesday and Thursdays mornings at 9:00am in Graham Hall. There is no charge.
- One day and overnight motor coach trips are planned and announced throughout the year, again providing fellowship along with recreational and educational opportunities. Watch this site, as well as the DIALOGUE, for upcoming excursions.
Senior Adult Service Opportunities
- Volunteers are encouraged and welcome. Opportunities range from labeling a newsletter to visiting a homebound member. Please contact Jeanna Speegle, Email Jeanna, for volunteer opportunitiesCurrently, there is a need to transport those who do not drive to church activities, especially in the evening hours. If you would like to know more about this, i.e., who needs are ride, where do they live, etc., please call the office of senior adult ministries.
- Specific home health care agencies, retirement homes, or such, are not promoted, however, we are more than happy to give you a list of possible contacts. We have books and book lists available that address various issues related to the aging population and caring for the aging that we are happy to share.
Senior Adults Events
May 29 from 10:10am to 12:30pm
The Alabama Symphony Coffee Concert will feature Rachmanioff's Symphony #2. You may purchase tick… read more »