We are excited about sharing our vision of health ministry is and how it contributes to the life of the parish. Health ministry is born out of the healing ministry of the church and recognizes that health is really a term that includes a physical, mental and spiritual dimension. This ministry strives to promote wellness, disease prevention and health promotion in the context of our spiritual nature because God calls us to be stewards of our health and well being.
Saint Luke’s Health Ministry is:
- A ministry that promotes the health of the individual and congregation.
- Based on the belief that health and well being involves our body, mind, and spirit.
- A call to the congregation for greater caring.
- Following Jesus’ example by calling people to healing and wholeness.
Examples of Health Ministry Activities:
- GIFT (Gaining Information for Tomorrow) is a program that assists individuals
in getting their affairs in order. This program also gives guidance on making
plans for how you would want to live the rest of your life.
- Key to the program is the GIFT Guide that provides step by step directions on your life planning needs. Download a copy of the GIFT Guide here: Download GIFT Guide »
- Blood pressure screenings available monthly at Senior Adult Meetings
- Visits hospitals, homes, nursing homes and other residential living communities to provide support and health education.
- Private counseling for health and wellness with blood pressure screenings available for individuals.
- Organizes annual flu clinics for church family.
- Serves as nurse consultant to St. Luke’s Day School in the area of health and safety and chairs the Saint Luke’s Day Schools Health and Safety Standards.
- Performs community liaison activates by maintaining updated community resource materials. Contacts community resources on behalf of parishioners as appropriate.
- Works with individuals during times of transition due to changing health and support needs and assists in anticipating and planning for needs when persons are changing health care settings.
- For more information about these activities and any other questions about how Health Ministry may be of service to you please contact Salley Wilkerson, Parish Nurse: or 802-6209. Salley’s office hours are on Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
Join us as we celebrate Christmas at Saint Luke's! Wednesday, December 24th 2:00 pm - Special Children's Project- Spread Cheer to … read more »