Every Wednesday night we have supper from 5:30-6:15pm. From 6:30-7:15pm there is a contemplative service of Holy Eucharist with candlelight and music in our Chapel. As always, we hope people will use their Wednesday evening time at Saint Luke’s in whatever way suits them best. Some choose worship or a more formal educational gathering. Others meet for coffee and conversation or just a time of quiet. After supper, it’s “gather and scatter.”
Wednesday Night Supper and Programs
All Are Welcome. Nursery available for 6 weeks through 3k (5:30-7:15pm)
- Trusting God in Prayer and Meditation. The practice of prayer and meditation encourages us to let go of our anxiety and trust God. Beginners are welcome. Meets Wednesday evenings at 5:00 – 5:45 pm. For more information, contact Rebecca DeBow.
- Come to Graham Hall for supper beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Music Makers for children begins at 6:00-6:30 pm.
- Contemplative Eucharist - Chapel at 6:30 pm
- Programs for Adults in Graham Hall - 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm.
- Every Book of the Bible, a Bible study led by Rich Webster in Graham Hall - 6:30 pm.
- Young Men’s Bible Study. We will be exploring the many different roles men are called into in our lives (disciple, husband, father, son, worker, friend, neighbor, lay member) and what the Truth of Christ in the gospels and the teachings from Paul’s letters can reveal to us about these roles—inner purity versus outside expectation. Currently we have men in their 20s, 30s and early 40s. For more information, please contact John Scott - 6:30 pm, Tilson Room. CLICK HERE to reserve a spot for your child.
- Wednesday Night Book Study during Lent - Draw the Circle with 40 Days of Prayer Mark Batterson, Pastor and Author, writes about the Circle Maker, a man who prays with remarkable intention. This 40 day prayer plan inspires passionate and consistent prayer, the kind that ignites the heart and fortifies the spirit. Each day’s entry offers motivating insight and stories from life and from scripture. Join others in this Lenten discipline and renew your prayer life. Rebecca DeBow has copies of the book for $10 and it’s available on Amazon or in Sandy's office. Begins March 12. Led by the Rev. Rebecca DeBow in the Founder’s Room 6:15-7:15 pm. CLICK HERE to reserve a spot for your child. Led by Rebecca DeBow in the Founder’s Room.
March 12 - 6:30 pm - Warren Lightfoot returns with a fascinating offering: Evolution and Christianity—Two Halves of One Complete Faith. (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO)
March 19 - 6:30 pm - Meet Burgin Matthews, creator of The Lost Child on Birmingham Mountain Radio. Burgin will talk about Thirty Birmingham Songs
Every Book of the Bible will resume April 2.
Nursery available until 7:15pm.
- Nursey 6 weeks – 24 months, Room 130A
- Nursey 24 months -3K, Room 125
- 4K – Kindergarten: Atrium of the Good Shepherd (Level I), Room 220 6:30-7:15pm.
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Graders: B.L.A.S.T. (Bible Learning and Sharing Together), A mix of interactive Bible games, lessons, and works from the Atrium. Room 211 6:30-7:15pm.
- 4th - 6th graders: Bible Games. Room 212. 6:30- 7:15pm.
Beginning at 6:15pm. We worship as a big group first, then split into small groups from 6:30-7:15pm. Senior High meets in Room 224, Jr. High boys meet in Room 227, and Jr. High girls meet in Room 225.
Evolution and Christianity—Two Halves of One Complete Faith.
Warren Lightfoot returns with a fascinating offering: Evolution and Christianity—Two Halves of
One Complete Faith. In this presentation, Warren Lightfoot contends that God specifically designed the universe to produce humankind in His image by means of guided evolution. He bases his ideas on both science and theology and shows fifty-one paintings and photographs, including several taken by the Hubbell Telescope.
March 12 - 6:30pm - Graham Hall