We encourage all adults to find a way to get plugged in at Saint Luke's and Adult Education is a great start! Through our Sunday and midweek gatherings, every person has an opportunity to learn, grow and build relationships that can last a lifetime. Christian education is an important part of our life and ministry. Below, please find ways to join us in a lifelong adventure of learning and growing in Christ.
- Pondering Scripture - A Study of 1 Peter - 9:30am (Room 211) We gather to gain a deeper understanding of scripture, with teaching, discussion, and prayer. We will be studying the letter of 1 Peter. Led by Sandy Porter: 802-6207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Bible Study at 6:30am - (Room 225, Yellow Flag Room) Currently reading the Book of Acts, sharing the teaching role using John Stott’s commentary, The Message of Acts, and drinking coffee. We welcome new members at any time. Contact Rick Finch: email@example.com
- Centering Prayer at Noon - (The Scout House/Laylor House) The Rev. Mary Bea Sullivan and the Reverend Deacon Katy Smith will co-facilitate a weekly centering prayer gathering. The pattern of the time together will be a brief period of instruction, praying this contemplative prayer, and sharing our experiences. Drop-ins are welcome.
- Men’s Bible Study & Breakfast - Exodus: The Story Continues at 7:00am - (Graham Hall) This Bible study will take a fresh look at the second book of the Bible, with an eye toward relevance for today. Led by the Rev. Richmond Webster.
- Pondering Scripture - A Study of 1 Peter at 1:30 pm - (Room 211) We gather to gain a deeper understanding of scripture, with teaching, discussion, and prayer. We will be studying the letter of 1 Peter. Open to all ages, and newcomers are invited to join us at any time. Led by Sandy Porter: 802-6207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Bible Study: The Book of Acts at 6:15pm - (Purple Flag Room) Throughout history, God has shaped events to bring about His plans of renewal and redemption. God wanted to restore his world, his creation and his creatures so that they would fulfill his original intentions for them. God thru Jesus Christ is the force, mind and will behind the mission, but he has chosen humans to work alongside him. The stories of the book of Acts show us how God is moving his mission forward. Where does that take us in our busy, daily lives? Are we prepared for what Jesus has in storefor us? Led by John Scott: 441-3935 or email@example.com
- Rich’s Women’s Bible Study - Exodus: The Story Continues at 10:30am (Graham Hall) This Bible study will take a fresh look at the second book of the Bible, with an eye toward relevance for today. Led by the Rev. Richmond Webster.
Blessed Lord, who caused all holy scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant us so to hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that we may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen. ~BCP
Adult Education question: Contact The Rev. Rebecca DeBow 205.871.3583